University of the Philippines, Diliman
The University of the Philippines is the country’s national university. It is a leader in innovation of teaching and research. It spans a wide range of specializations: philosophy, the arts and humanities, the social sciences, engineering, natural sciences, mathematics, and technology. The university has a prominent role in contributing to the national development through public service and knowledge sharing.
The main campus in Diliman, Quezon City have various conference halls and meeting rooms with up to date facilities available for the congress. Conference halls and break out rooms for smaller sessions could accommodate from a minimum of 100 to 500 participants in one sitting. A few halls with 1,000+ seating capacity are also available inside the UP Diliman campus.
- Manila is expected to have generally fair weather, with minimal rainfall, and with temperature ranging from 26 degrees to 30 degrees Celsius by the last week of February 2020.
- Dress is smart casual for the conference .
- Reception dinner on Tuesday, February 24, 2020 (Monday) 5:30 PM is semi-business formal or cocktail attire. Traditional national dress is encouraged.
- While bus or eJeepney transport is available, you might prefer to walk from one workshop hall to another between university buildings during the conference. Please ensure comfortable walking shoes.
Hotel rooms are available depending on preference and budget, within the campus and nearby, with rooms reserved at significant discounts for the conference guests. You may email the following hotels for direct reservation and payments and state that you are a participant with the 10th Asia ILERA Congress:
- University Hotel
- Balay Internasyonal
- UP NISMED Hotel
- Imperial Palace Suites
- Sulo Riviera Hotel
- Microtel Wyndham Suites
- Residenciale Botique Apartments
Optional tours before and after the conference, within and outside Metro Manila could be arranged for different price packages. Details to be provided later.
- Caracol Festival, Makati City
- Las Piñas Bamboo Organ Festival, Las Piñas City
- Intramuros, the Spanish city in the heart of Manila
- Binondo (Chinatown), Manila
- Manila Baywalk and Manila Bay cruise
- Quezon City Memorial Circle and Museum
- National Museum and Rizal Park, Manila
- Panagbenga Flower Festival, Baguio City